• Provide discipline engineering support to manufacturing, when needed; Ability and experience in the following: Support the writing of capital Appropriation Requests for your area of expertise , Pre-startup safety reviews SR's , Management of Change (MOC), scoping, design, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), installation, startup assistance, ordering parts and writing Work Orders (WO's); Metrics must be met regarding safety, schedules and budgets. Provide assistance in writing lock-out/tag-out plans to ensure safety during new construction and turnarounds. Adopt and leverage Performance Materials and Technologies Engineering Standards; Maintain or support any site specific requirements or standards, if deem necessary.
• Ensure consistency in standardization of parts and equipment; Adhere to plant standards.
• Provide maintenance technical support for a manufacturing plant, when needed; This includes troubleshooting, testing, evaluating results and safety; ability to quickly respond and appropriately assess issues in the plant, including off-hours; Know when, where and how to resolve issues to minimize production downtime and ensure safe and environmentally responsible action is taken.
• Owner or participant in the development and revisions of Electrical Standard Operating Procedures.
• Revise and Update procedures and drawings as electrical distribution changes occur.
• Ensure QA/QC requirements are met for capital installations.
• Direct Plant Electricians to perform switching procedures under Plant emergencies (failures), maintenance (shutdowns) and new construction.
• Provide Electrical Engineering technical assistance to the site pertaining to such organizations as the Fire Protection Agency, Electrical Codes and other best engineering practices in general; Particular recommendations on issues regarding safety and code compliance are essential.
• Perform root cause failure analysis when outages or voltage sags occur; Perfect power is essential to meeting safety, environmental and production goals. Requirements
• PE (Professional Engineer) license is preferred.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity/continuous improvement projects is desired.
• Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects and troubleshooting Industrial environment work experience preferred.
• Experience using SAP is desired.
• Ability to ensure safety with respect to
the way projects are implemented.
• Knowledge about codes that pertain to hazardous locations, motors, cables, etc.
• Extensive knowledge in codes such as: Electrical Safety, Electrical Codes, Fire Protection, etc.
• Experience in preventive maintenance, commissioning of new systems, testing with pass fail criteria, coordination study reviews, troubleshooting, LOTO and MOC.
• Ability to commission, coordinate, interpret and apply results from Short Circuit Analysis, Electrical Load Flow, Incoming System Coordination/Relay Settings, and ARC Flash Analysis Studies.
• Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally - minimum of 25%.
Experience Required:0-3 years
Salary:3.6 to 4.8 Lakhs